TME Podcast Season 3, Ep. 5: Choosing a Method Book
Description: Choosing a method book can be an arduous task for many young band directors. There are several strategic elements that you will need included in your method book of choice. More importantly, the selection process will require you, as the music educator, to prioritize what is important for your students to learn.
Factors that should be included in this thoughtful selection cover:
- Logical sequence of curriculum-based content
- Appropriate amount of repetition to reinforce new concepts
- Appropriate pacing of material
- Considers the logical range requirements of the French horn
- Provides supplemental material such as online tracks, warm-up materials, chorales, etc.